Old Road Mennonite Church (White Horse, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Old Road (or White Horse) Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located near an early family cemetery one mile east of White Horse, Lancaster County, PA, is a part of the Hershey circuit of the Lancaster Conference. Until 1841 the congregation met for worship in private homes and in the Pequea Presbyterian church. In 1841 a stone meetinghouse was built along the Old Philadelphia Pike. In 1892 a frame building farther from the road and larger replaced it. This meetinghouse was remodeled in 1947. In the mid-1950s, Martin R. Hershey and Sanford E. Hershey were the ministers, and Clair Eby bishop. The membership in 1957 was 104.

Additional Information

Address: 5795 Old Philadelphia Pike, Gap, PA 17527

Phone: 717-768-3450

Website: http://oldroad.org/

Denominational Affiliations:

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

Map

Map:Old Road Mennonite Church (White Horse, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Old Road Mennonite Church (White Horse, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Road_Mennonite_Church_(White_Horse,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=133851.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Old Road Mennonite Church (White Horse, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Road_Mennonite_Church_(White_Horse,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=133851.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 49. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.