Difference between revisions of "Old Road Mennonite Church (White Horse, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
(added categories)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Old Road (or <em>White Horse</em>) Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), located near an early family [[Cemeteries|cemetery]] one mile east of White Horse, [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]], PA, is a part of the Hershey circuit of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Conference]]. Until 1841 the congregation met for worship in private homes and in the Pequea Presbyterian church. In 1841 a stone meetinghouse was built along the Old Philadelphia Pike. In 1892 a frame building farther from the road and larger replaced it. This meetinghouse was remodeled in 1947. In the mid-1950s, Martin R. Hershey and Sanford E. Hershey were the ministers, and Clair Eby bishop. The membership in 1957 was 104.
 
Old Road (or <em>White Horse</em>) Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), located near an early family [[Cemeteries|cemetery]] one mile east of White Horse, [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]], PA, is a part of the Hershey circuit of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Conference]]. Until 1841 the congregation met for worship in private homes and in the Pequea Presbyterian church. In 1841 a stone meetinghouse was built along the Old Philadelphia Pike. In 1892 a frame building farther from the road and larger replaced it. This meetinghouse was remodeled in 1947. In the mid-1950s, Martin R. Hershey and Sanford E. Hershey were the ministers, and Clair Eby bishop. The membership in 1957 was 104.
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 49|date=1959|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 49|date=1959|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 +
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church (MC) Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church USA Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Lancaster Mennonite Conference Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Pennsylvania Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:United States Congregations]]

Revision as of 17:53, 18 March 2014

Old Road (or White Horse) Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located near an early family cemetery one mile east of White Horse, Lancaster County, PA, is a part of the Hershey circuit of the Lancaster Conference. Until 1841 the congregation met for worship in private homes and in the Pequea Presbyterian church. In 1841 a stone meetinghouse was built along the Old Philadelphia Pike. In 1892 a frame building farther from the road and larger replaced it. This meetinghouse was remodeled in 1947. In the mid-1950s, Martin R. Hershey and Sanford E. Hershey were the ministers, and Clair Eby bishop. The membership in 1957 was 104.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Old Road Mennonite Church (White Horse, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 Dec 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Road_Mennonite_Church_(White_Horse,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116183.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Old Road Mennonite Church (White Horse, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 December 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Road_Mennonite_Church_(White_Horse,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116183.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 49. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.