From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:11, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Orloff, a Mennonite village of the Slavgorod Mennonite settlement in Siberia, established in 1908, became the administrative and cultural center of the settlement. In addition to the volost building, a post office and a hospital were erected. The latter was transferred to Halbstadt in 1928-1929 where a district hospital was erected. For a while Orloff was the center of the Slavgorod Mennonite Church. Orloff had a brick factory. A monument was erected in Orloff in 1912, to its benefactor Peter A. Stolypin.


Bibliography

Fast, Gerhard. In den Steppen Sibiriens. Rosthern, SK: J. Heese, [1957?]: 29 ff.



Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Orloff (Slavgorod Mennonite Settlement, Siberia, Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 2 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Orloff_(Slavgorod_Mennonite_Settlement,_Siberia,_Russia)&oldid=59907.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Orloff (Slavgorod Mennonite Settlement, Siberia, Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Orloff_(Slavgorod_Mennonite_Settlement,_Siberia,_Russia)&oldid=59907.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 84. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.