Otelia Mennonite Mission Church (Otelia, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:11, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130816)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Otelia Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) began as a mission Sunday school in May 1938. Elmer Yoder and Harry Yoder investigated the possibilities. The Allensville Mennonite congregation undertook the responsibility and sent workers to the Otelia community. After 18 months of Sunday school work, A. Roy Payne was appointed as pastor and served until September 1949, when LeRoy A. Zook was ordained and appointed pastor. After fourteen years of work in an abandoned school a new church was erected in 1952. In 1956 the membership was 58, with A. Roy Payne and LeRoy A. Zook as ministers. In July 1957 the Otelia congregation withdrew from the Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference and joined the Allegheny Mennonite Conference. Also on 21 July 1957, the resignation of LeRoy A. Zook became effective and Joe Esh of Blountstown, FL was installed as pastor.



Author(s) LeRoy A Zook
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Zook, LeRoy A. "Otelia Mennonite Mission Church (Otelia, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Otelia_Mennonite_Mission_Church_(Otelia,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=59949.

APA style

Zook, LeRoy A. (1959). Otelia Mennonite Mission Church (Otelia, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Otelia_Mennonite_Mission_Church_(Otelia,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=59949.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 94. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.