Difference between revisions of "Ozarks Mission (Compton, Arkansas, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Ozarks Mission ([[Krimmer Mennonite Brethren|Krimmer Mennonite Brethren]] [KMB]), located at Compton, [[Arkansas (USA)|Arkansas]], was established under the Home Missions Committee and was begun in 1949, when Elizabeth Hofer and Anna Klassen came to Kingston, Arkansas. In 1959 the work was in charge of the William Ratzlaffs at Ponca and Compton, the J. D. Wiencks at Kingston and Elkhorn, and Elizabeth Hofer at Kingston. It consisted of Bible teaching in the school at Kingston, [[Sunday School|Sunday schools]], prayer meetings, young people's work, and preaching services. In the late 1950s some 50 had been baptized, but no KMB congregations were organized. The local members organized themselves.
 
Ozarks Mission ([[Krimmer Mennonite Brethren|Krimmer Mennonite Brethren]] [KMB]), located at Compton, [[Arkansas (USA)|Arkansas]], was established under the Home Missions Committee and was begun in 1949, when Elizabeth Hofer and Anna Klassen came to Kingston, Arkansas. In 1959 the work was in charge of the William Ratzlaffs at Ponca and Compton, the J. D. Wiencks at Kingston and Elkhorn, and Elizabeth Hofer at Kingston. It consisted of Bible teaching in the school at Kingston, [[Sunday School|Sunday schools]], prayer meetings, young people's work, and preaching services. In the late 1950s some 50 had been baptized, but no KMB congregations were organized. The local members organized themselves.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 1113|date=1959|a1_last=Bender|a1_first=Harold S|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 1113|date=1959|a1_last=Bender|a1_first=Harold S|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:26, 20 August 2013

Ozarks Mission (Krimmer Mennonite Brethren [KMB]), located at Compton, Arkansas, was established under the Home Missions Committee and was begun in 1949, when Elizabeth Hofer and Anna Klassen came to Kingston, Arkansas. In 1959 the work was in charge of the William Ratzlaffs at Ponca and Compton, the J. D. Wiencks at Kingston and Elkhorn, and Elizabeth Hofer at Kingston. It consisted of Bible teaching in the school at Kingston, Sunday schools, prayer meetings, young people's work, and preaching services. In the late 1950s some 50 had been baptized, but no KMB congregations were organized. The local members organized themselves.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Ozarks Mission (Compton, Arkansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 17 Oct 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ozarks_Mission_(Compton,_Arkansas,_USA)&oldid=83773.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Ozarks Mission (Compton, Arkansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 October 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ozarks_Mission_(Compton,_Arkansas,_USA)&oldid=83773.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1113. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.