From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:43, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Ozarks Mission (Krimmer Mennonite Brethren [KMB]), located at Compton, Arkansas, was established under the Home Missions Committee and was begun in 1949, when Elizabeth Hofer and Anna Klassen came to Kingston, Arkansas. In 1959 the work was in charge of the William Ratzlaffs at Ponca and Compton, the J. D. Wiencks at Kingston and Elkhorn, and Elizabeth Hofer at Kingston. It consisted of Bible teaching in the school at Kingston, Sunday schools, prayer meetings, young people's work, and preaching services. In the late 1950s some 50 had been baptized, but no KMB congregations were organized. The local members organized themselves.



Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Ozarks Mission (Compton, Arkansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 29 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ozarks_Mission_(Compton,_Arkansas,_USA)&oldid=66950.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Ozarks Mission (Compton, Arkansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ozarks_Mission_(Compton,_Arkansas,_USA)&oldid=66950.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1113. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.