From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:26, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Ozarks Mission (Krimmer Mennonite Brethren [KMB]), located at Compton, Arkansas, was established under the Home Missions Committee and was begun in 1949, when Elizabeth Hofer and Anna Klassen came to Kingston, Arkansas. In 1959 the work was in charge of the William Ratzlaffs at Ponca and Compton, the J. D. Wiencks at Kingston and Elkhorn, and Elizabeth Hofer at Kingston. It consisted of Bible teaching in the school at Kingston, Sunday schools, prayer meetings, young people's work, and preaching services. In the late 1950s some 50 had been baptized, but no KMB congregations were organized. The local members organized themselves.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Ozarks Mission (Compton, Arkansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ozarks_Mission_(Compton,_Arkansas,_USA)&oldid=83773.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Ozarks Mission (Compton, Arkansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ozarks_Mission_(Compton,_Arkansas,_USA)&oldid=83773.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1113. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.