From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Page County (Iowa) United Missionary churches had their origins in a Brethren in Christ congregation which joined the Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church in 1885 or later. The first of the two congregations is the Shambaugh United Missionary Church. When it was incorporated in 1894 it had 25 members. The New Market United Missionary Church was established in 1893 and incorporated the following year with nine members.

[edit] Bibliography

Gingerich, M. The Mennonites in Iowa. Iowa City, 1939: 344-49.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Page County United Missionary Churches (Iowa, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Page_County_United_Missionary_Churches_(Iowa,_USA)&oldid=76799.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Page County United Missionary Churches (Iowa, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Page_County_United_Missionary_Churches_(Iowa,_USA)&oldid=76799.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 105. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.