Palm Grove Mennonite Church (formerly Palm Grove Conservative Mennonite Church), located at Sarasota, Florida, originally a member of the Conservative Mennonite Conference, was organized 3 May 1953, with 19 charter members. They worshiped in the Pinecraft Mennonite Church until 29 November 1953, at which time they met in the Pinecraft school. A church building searing 400 was dedicated 14 February 1954. During the winter tourists from as far as California and western Canada worship with the congregation, raising the attendance to 250. Menno M. Coblentz was bishop and Joseph F. Baer pastor until 1956, when Bishop Andrew Jantzi succeeded them. In 1957 there were 33 members.
The church joined the Biblical Mennonite Alliance in February 2011. In 2012 the leading minister was J. R. Weaver and the associate pastors were David R. Miller and Pete Weaver. The congregational membership was 108 and the average weekly attendance was 200.
Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2011. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2011: 53.
Biblical Mennonite Alliance. "BMA Directory 2012." Web. 15 May 2012..
 Additional Information
Address: 1087 Beneva Road, Sarasota, FL 34278
Website: Palm Grove Mennonite Church
Conservative Mennonite Conference (1953-2010)
Biblical Mennonite Alliance (2011-present)
|Author(s)||Joseph F. Baer|
|Richard D. Thiessen|
|Date Published||April 2012|
 Cite This Article
Baer, Joseph F. and Richard D. Thiessen. "Palm Grove Mennonite Church (Sarasota, Florida, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2012. Web. 29 Jun 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Palm_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(Sarasota,_Florida,_USA)&oldid=76812.
Baer, Joseph F. and Richard D. Thiessen. (April 2012). Palm Grove Mennonite Church (Sarasota, Florida, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 June 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Palm_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(Sarasota,_Florida,_USA)&oldid=76812.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.