Palschau (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)
Palschau is mentioned in historical documents for the first time in 1321 and received privileges in 1344. Until 1772 Palschau was part of the Kingdom of Poland. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province in 1773, called West Prussia, in which Palschau was located. Palschau was situated in the district (Kreis) of Marienburg until the establishment of the Free City of Danzig in 1920. The village came under the control of Nazi Germany during World War II until February 1945, when it was occupied by Soviet forces and returned to Poland. In 2012 Palschau (now Palczewo) was a village in the administrative district of Gmina Ostaszewo, within Nowy Dwór Gdański County, Pomeranian Voivodeship.
In the 1776 Prussian census there were seven Mennonite families listed in Palschau with the following surnames: Claasen, Conrad, Dick, and Ens. In 1820, the village had 289 residents, including 31 Mennonites.
Stowarzyszenie Konserwatorów Zabytków. "Palczewo." Catalogue of Monuments of Dutch Colonization in Poland. 2005. Web. 4 November 2012. http://holland.org.pl/art.php?kat=obiekt&id=412&lang=en.
Wikipedia. "Palczewo, Pomeranian Voivodeship." Web. 4 November 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palczewo,_Pomeranian_Voivodeship.
Wolf, Hans-Jürgen. "Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Web. 4 November 2012. http://www.westpreussen.de/cms/ct/ortsverzeichnis/details.php?ID=4985.
|Author(s)||Richard D Thiessen|
|Date Published||November 2012|
Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. "Palschau (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. November 2012. Web. 26 Sep 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Palschau_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=95985.
Thiessen, Richard D. (November 2012). Palschau (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 September 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Palschau_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=95985.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.