From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Parkesburg Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located in Parkesburg, a borough of 2,800 in Chester County, PA, was opened in the Owens Building in 1938, by the members of the Millwood congregation. Noah L. Hershey was ordained pastor 13 November 1946, and Amos W. Yoder deacon on 28 June 1950. In 1947-48 a substantial brick building 56 x 36 ft. was built on Second Avenue. In 1957 the membership was 57.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 44 East Second Ave., Parkesburg, PA 19365

Phone: 610-857-3761

Website: http://www.parkesburgmennonitechurch.org/

Denominational Affiliations: Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

[edit] Map

Map:Parkesburg Mennonite Church (Parkesburg, Chester County, Pennsylvania, USA)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Parkesburg Mennonite Church (Parkesburg, Chester County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 30 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Parkesburg_Mennonite_Church_(Parkesburg,_Chester_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=117048.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Parkesburg Mennonite Church (Parkesburg, Chester County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Parkesburg_Mennonite_Church_(Parkesburg,_Chester_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=117048.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 120. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.