From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Petersdorf, a village in the Nikolaipol district of the province of Ekaterinoslav (now Dnipropetrovsk), founded about 1833, was the seat of a Mennonite Brethren Church congregation, which was a subsidiary of the Einlage congregation. Petersdorf was later called Petershivka or Nadeshdovka. About 35 years later the Mennonite settlement of Yazykovo was established in the same district.

[edit] Bibliography

Friesen, Peter M. Die Alt-Evangelische Mennonitische Brüderschaft in Russland (1789-1910) im Rahmen der mennonitischen Gesamtgeschichte. Halbstadt: Verlagsgesellschaft "Raduga", 1911: 701,721.

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 353.


Author(s) Ernst Crous
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Crous, Ernst. "Petersdorf (Nikolaipol Mennonite settlement, Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 20 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Petersdorf_(Nikolaipol_Mennonite_settlement,_Dnipropetrovsk_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=106014.

APA style

Crous, Ernst. (1959). Petersdorf (Nikolaipol Mennonite settlement, Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Petersdorf_(Nikolaipol_Mennonite_settlement,_Dnipropetrovsk_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=106014.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 154-155. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.