From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Pinesburg Mennonite Mission (Washington-Franklin Mennonite Conference), located mid-way between Williamsport, Maryland, and Clear Spring, Maryland, is the outgrowth of a Sunday school begun in a schoolhouse. In 1923 it was organized as a con­gregation under the Washington County, Maryland, and Franklin County, Pennsylvania Mission Board, by persons living in the community. In 1957, the membership was 35, with Oliver H. Martin as minister. A frame building was built in 1939.

In 2014 the church was served by Bishop Dale L. Horst, Ministers James L. Martin and Nathan W. Rohrer, and Deacon Jared L. Petre. Membership was 89.

The church was initially a Mennonite Church (MC) congregation but later affiliated with the Washington-Franklin Mennonite Conference.

[edit] Bibliography

Mennonite Church Directory 2014. Harrisonburg, VA: Christian Light Publications, Inc., 2014: 141.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 14706 Bottom Road, Williamsport, Maryland 21795

Telephone: 301-223-5080

Denominational Affiliations:

Washington-Franklin Mennonite Conference


Author(s) John D. Risser
Richard D. Thiessen
Date Published March 2014


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Risser, John D. and Richard D. Thiessen. "Pinesburg Mennonite Church (Williamsport, Maryland, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2014. Web. 21 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pinesburg_Mennonite_Church_(Williamsport,_Maryland,_USA)&oldid=116683.

APA style

Risser, John D. and Richard D. Thiessen. (March 2014). Pinesburg Mennonite Church (Williamsport, Maryland, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pinesburg_Mennonite_Church_(Williamsport,_Maryland,_USA)&oldid=116683.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 181. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.