From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:27, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Pinto Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located in Pinto, Allegany County, Maryland, a member of the Allegheny Mennonite Conference (formerly Southwestern Pennsylvania), was organized in 1927 with a membership of 46. D. H. Bender was the first Mennonite minister to preach in that community, about 1915. Milton B. Miller of Springs, Pennsylvania served as minister. Chester M. Helmick was ordained as minister in 1929, and the following year Robert P. Dayton was ordained to the ministry. The church building, a cement block structure that seats 250, was built in 1927. In the present (1957) membership of 100 there are representatives of ten denominations who have been received into fellowship. The ministers in 1956 were A. Lehman Longenecker and Chester M. Helmick.


Author(s) Chester M Helmick
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Helmick, Chester M. "Pinto Mennonite Church (Pinto, Maryland, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pinto_Mennonite_Church_(Pinto,_Maryland,_USA)&oldid=83985.

APA style

Helmick, Chester M. (1959). Pinto Mennonite Church (Pinto, Maryland, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pinto_Mennonite_Church_(Pinto,_Maryland,_USA)&oldid=83985.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 182. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.