Until 1772 Platenhof was part of the Kingdom of Poland. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province in 1773, called West Prussia, in which Platenhof was located. Platenhof was situated in the district (Kreis) of Marienburg until the establishment of the Free City of Danzig in 1920. The village came under the control of Nazi Germany during World War II until February 1945, when it was occupied by Soviet forces and returned to Poland. In 2012 Platenhof (now Cyganka) was a village in the administrative district of Gmina Nowy Dwór Gdański, within Nowy Dwór Gdański County, Pomeranian Voivodeship.
In the 1776 Prussian census there were 15 Mennonite families living in Platenhof with the following surnames: Bestvader, Brun, Epp, Fast, Friesen, Hubert, Loewen, Neubauer, Schroeder, Siemens, Warckentien, Wieb, and Wiens. In 1820 the village had 86 inhabitants, of which 56 were Mennonites.
Wikipedia. "Cyganka, Pomeranian Voivodeship." Web. 5 November 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyganka,_Pomeranian_Voivodeship.
Wolf, Hans-Jürgen. "Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Web. 5 November 2012. http://www.westpreussen.de/cms/ct/ortsverzeichnis/details.php?ID=5143.
|Author(s)||Richard D Thiessen|
|Date Published||November 2012|
 Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. "Platenhof (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. November 2012. Web. 30 May 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Platenhof_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=96070.
Thiessen, Richard D. (November 2012). Platenhof (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 May 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Platenhof_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=96070.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.