From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Pleasant Hill Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), located in Milton Township, [[Wayne County (Ohio, USA)|Wayne County]], Ohio, is a member of the [[Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference (MC)|Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference]]. The orig­inal meetinghouse was built in 1880 as one of the two meeting places of the Oak Grove congregation, remodeled in 1910 and again in 1950 (for the history of this congregation before 1947 and the names of its ministers, see [[Oak Grove Mennonite Church (Smithville, Wayne County, Ohio, USA)|Oak Grove Mennonite Church]].) The present congregation was organized in 1947 as a schism from the Oak Grove congre­gation when the latter withdrew from the conference. The ministers since 1947 were [[Detweiler, William Gehman (1903-1956)|William G. Detweiler]] 1947-52, Gerald C. Studer 1947-    . The mem­bership in 1957 was 180. In 1959 it built a new meetinghouse at the edge of the town of Smithville.
 
Pleasant Hill Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), located in Milton Township, [[Wayne County (Ohio, USA)|Wayne County]], Ohio, is a member of the [[Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference (MC)|Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference]]. The orig­inal meetinghouse was built in 1880 as one of the two meeting places of the Oak Grove congregation, remodeled in 1910 and again in 1950 (for the history of this congregation before 1947 and the names of its ministers, see [[Oak Grove Mennonite Church (Smithville, Wayne County, Ohio, USA)|Oak Grove Mennonite Church]].) The present congregation was organized in 1947 as a schism from the Oak Grove congre­gation when the latter withdrew from the conference. The ministers since 1947 were [[Detweiler, William Gehman (1903-1956)|William G. Detweiler]] 1947-52, Gerald C. Studer 1947-    . The mem­bership in 1957 was 180. In 1959 it built a new meetinghouse at the edge of the town of Smithville.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 190|date=1959|a1_last=Studer|a1_first=Gerald C|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 190|date=1959|a1_last=Studer|a1_first=Gerald C|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:27, 20 August 2013

Pleasant Hill Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located in Milton Township, Wayne County, Ohio, is a member of the Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference. The orig­inal meetinghouse was built in 1880 as one of the two meeting places of the Oak Grove congregation, remodeled in 1910 and again in 1950 (for the history of this congregation before 1947 and the names of its ministers, see Oak Grove Mennonite Church.) The present congregation was organized in 1947 as a schism from the Oak Grove congre­gation when the latter withdrew from the conference. The ministers since 1947 were William G. Detweiler 1947-52, Gerald C. Studer 1947-    . The mem­bership in 1957 was 180. In 1959 it built a new meetinghouse at the edge of the town of Smithville.


Author(s) Gerald C Studer
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Studer, Gerald C. "Pleasant Hill Mennonite Church (Smithville, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pleasant_Hill_Mennonite_Church_(Smithville,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=84037.

APA style

Studer, Gerald C. (1959). Pleasant Hill Mennonite Church (Smithville, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pleasant_Hill_Mennonite_Church_(Smithville,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=84037.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 190. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.