The group was originally was part of the Nordheimer church group, which also included Dundurn, Hanley and Elbow. The last bishop Gerhard Warkentin retired in 1972, and the subsequently the Nordheimer church group dissolved by 1975, after which Pleasant Point Mennonite Church emerged as an independent congregation in 1976.
The congregation used their current church building in 1928, though it was owned by the Moravians. The purchase was not actually completed until 1950. Major renovations were done in 1959.
The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in the 1960s.
Nordheimer Mennonite Church of Saskatchewan 1925-1975. Hanley, SK: Nordheimer Mennonite Church, 1975, 140 pp.
Archival Records:Church records at Mennonite Heritage Centre.
 Additional Information
Address: Box 160, Clavet SK S0K 0Y0
Location: southeast 1/4 Section 5 Township 34 Route 3 west of 3rd Meridian
Conference of Mennonites in Canada / Mennonite Church Canada (1925-present)
General Conference Mennonite Church (1926-1999)
Pleasant Point Mennonite Church Ministers
Pleasant Point Mennonite Church Membership
|Richard D. Thiessen|
|Date Published||July 2010|
 Cite This Article
Epp, Marlene and Richard D. Thiessen. "Pleasant Point Mennonite Church (Clavet, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 2010. Web. 19 Dec 2013. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pleasant_Point_Mennonite_Church_(Clavet,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=93307.
Epp, Marlene and Richard D. Thiessen. (July 2010). Pleasant Point Mennonite Church (Clavet, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 December 2013, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pleasant_Point_Mennonite_Church_(Clavet,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=93307.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.