From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Poplar Grove Mennonite Mission Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church [MC]]]) was begun in May 1908 by the Missions Committee of the [[Weaverland Mennonite Church (East Earl, Pennsylvania, USA)|Weaverland (MC) congregation]] to serve eighteen members of the congregation with twenty-seven children, who were living on rented farms in [[Chester County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Ches­ter County]], Pennsylvania. The services were held in a schoolhouse on the farm of A. S. Wenger. By 1911 it was a prosperous and self-supporting work, but in 1912 the work was abandoned and by 1914 all the fami­lies had moved nearer to [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]] church­es, to be replaced by [[Old Order Amish|Old Order Amish]] families.
 
Poplar Grove Mennonite Mission Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church [MC]]]) was begun in May 1908 by the Missions Committee of the [[Weaverland Mennonite Church (East Earl, Pennsylvania, USA)|Weaverland (MC) congregation]] to serve eighteen members of the congregation with twenty-seven children, who were living on rented farms in [[Chester County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Ches­ter County]], Pennsylvania. The services were held in a schoolhouse on the farm of A. S. Wenger. By 1911 it was a prosperous and self-supporting work, but in 1912 the work was abandoned and by 1914 all the fami­lies had moved nearer to [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]] church­es, to be replaced by [[Old Order Amish|Old Order Amish]] families.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 203|date=1959|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 203|date=1959|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:28, 20 August 2013

Poplar Grove Mennonite Mission Church (Mennonite Church [MC]) was begun in May 1908 by the Missions Committee of the Weaverland (MC) congregation to serve eighteen members of the congregation with twenty-seven children, who were living on rented farms in Ches­ter County, Pennsylvania. The services were held in a schoolhouse on the farm of A. S. Wenger. By 1911 it was a prosperous and self-supporting work, but in 1912 the work was abandoned and by 1914 all the fami­lies had moved nearer to Lancaster County church­es, to be replaced by Old Order Amish families.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Poplar Grove Mennonite Mission Church (Chester County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 Mar 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Poplar_Grove_Mennonite_Mission_Church_(Chester_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84115.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Poplar Grove Mennonite Mission Church (Chester County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 March 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Poplar_Grove_Mennonite_Mission_Church_(Chester_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84115.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 203. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.