From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:28, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Poplar Grove Mennonite Mission Church (Mennonite Church [MC]) was begun in May 1908 by the Missions Committee of the Weaverland (MC) congregation to serve eighteen members of the congregation with twenty-seven children, who were living on rented farms in Ches­ter County, Pennsylvania. The services were held in a schoolhouse on the farm of A. S. Wenger. By 1911 it was a prosperous and self-supporting work, but in 1912 the work was abandoned and by 1914 all the fami­lies had moved nearer to Lancaster County church­es, to be replaced by Old Order Amish families.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Poplar Grove Mennonite Mission Church (Chester County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Poplar_Grove_Mennonite_Mission_Church_(Chester_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84115.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Poplar Grove Mennonite Mission Church (Chester County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Poplar_Grove_Mennonite_Mission_Church_(Chester_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84115.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 203. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.