From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:56, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search
Port Colborne Reformed Mennonite Church
The Port Colborne Reformed Mennonite congregation began services about 1825, and formally organized in 1833. The first building was occupied in 1825. The congregation originated through immigration from Pennsylvania. It was originally known as Humberstone church, but was later absorbed by Port Colborne.

Ministers who served the congregation prior to 1973 were John Stoner, Abram Stoner, Jonathan Kinsey, George Augustine, Wilson Near (bishop), Jonas Anthes, Wilmer Steele (bishop), Arthur Cusler, Lloyd Weaver (bishop), Paul C. Fehrman (bishop) and Wallace A. Bankert.

The meetinghouse is located on Killaly St. W., northeast corner of Knoll St. It was closed in 1973. It had been affiliated with the Reformed Mennonite Church since 1833. Remaining members now attend the Stevensville Reformed Mennonite meetinghouse.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Sam Steiner
Date Published June 2000


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. "Port Colborne Reformed Mennonite Church (Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. June 2000. Web. 14 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Port_Colborne_Reformed_Mennonite_Church_(Port_Colborne,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=77061.

APA style

Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. (June 2000). Port Colborne Reformed Mennonite Church (Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 14 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Port_Colborne_Reformed_Mennonite_Church_(Port_Colborne,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=77061.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.