Pottstown Mennonite Church (Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Pottstown Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located in Pottstown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, a member of the Franconia Mennonite Conference, began as a mission station under the Franconia Conference Mission Board on 23 November 1930, with Elmer G. Kolb as superintendent, who was ordained as pastor 7 June 1938. A new church building with a seating capacity of 180 was dedicated 4 May 1952. On 6 March 1954, the congregation was organized with a membership of 60, mostly rural. Norman H. Bechtel (ordained 1953) also served as minister at that time.

Pottstown Mennonite Church closed about 1992.


Author(s) Elmer G Kolb
Sam Steiner
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Kolb, Elmer G and Sam Steiner. "Pottstown Mennonite Church (Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 20 Jul 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pottstown_Mennonite_Church_(Pottstown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116015.

APA style

Kolb, Elmer G and Sam Steiner. (1959). Pottstown Mennonite Church (Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 July 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pottstown_Mennonite_Church_(Pottstown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116015.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 207. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.