From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:28, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Premont Mennonite Brethren (MB) Church, located in Premont, Jim Wells County, southern Texas, had its begin­ning in settlement of a number of MB families in 1927. On 3 November 1929, this group organized as a local church and at a subsequent meeting elected Elder H. H. Flaming as leader and pastor. Meet­ings were at first held in homes and in other build­ings. In 1935 the congregation purchased some land and built its own church. Elder H. H. Flaming was followed by J. P. Kliewer 1941-1947, John W. Duerksen 1947-1952, Lewis H. Boese 1953-1956 and 1958-     , Ruben Wedel 1956-58. In 1958 the membership was 53. By the late 1950s the church had a parsonage and Sunday-school annex.


Author(s) John W Duerksen
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Duerksen, John W. "Premont Mennonite Brethren Church (Premont, Texas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Premont_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Premont,_Texas,_USA)&oldid=84176.

APA style

Duerksen, John W. (1959). Premont Mennonite Brethren Church (Premont, Texas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Premont_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Premont,_Texas,_USA)&oldid=84176.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 214-215. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.