From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:28, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Protection Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), six miles south of Protection, Comanche County, Kansas, a member of the South Central Mennonite Conference, was organized 7 March 1907. Services were first held in a schoolhouse two miles south of Protection. Early ministers in­cluded Bishop George R. Brunk, and ministers N. E. Ebersole, Ben Horst, and C. W. Miller. When George R. Brunk moved away, S. C. Miller assumed bishop oversight. On 1 November 1908, the first church was dedicated. In 1917 the church was enlarged. The membership increased from 37 in 1907 to 86 in 1956. D. D. Miller served as minister (1917) and as bishop 1927-41. Charles Schweitzer served 1935-53. From 1956 Sanford C. Oyer was the minister in charge.


Author(s) Charles Schweitzer
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Schweitzer, Charles. "Protection Mennonite Church (Protection, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Protection_Mennonite_Church_(Protection,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=84212.

APA style

Schweitzer, Charles. (1959). Protection Mennonite Church (Protection, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Protection_Mennonite_Church_(Protection,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=84212.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 222. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.