From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:46, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search
Providence Mennonite Church, Collegeville, PA Source: AMEC website
Providence Mennonite Church (Alliance of Mennonite Evangelical Congregations, formerly Mennonite Church), a small con­gregation located in Upper Providence Township, Mont­gomery County, Pennsylvania, is a member of the Franconia Mennonite Conference. It originated about 1815 (although some claim 1740) and has been a part of the Skippack circuit, which includes the Skippack, Worcester, and Providence congregations. By 1890 the congregation had grown to 65 members; in 1936 the membership had dropped to 40, and by 1957 reached 65 again. The minister in that year was Jesse M. Mack. Providence had the oldest meetinghouse in the Franconia Conference, probably built in 1815. It was razed in 1958 and replaced by a new one.

In 2002 the congregation became a charter member of the Alliance of Mennonite Evangelical Congregations (AMEC).

Contents

Bibliography

Wenger, J. C. History of the Mennonites of the Franconia Conference. Telford, 1937: 110 -11.

Additional Information

Address: 109 S Mennonite Road, Collegeville, PA

Telephone: 610-489-8179

Denominational Affiliation:

Alliance of Mennonite Evangelical Congregations

Maps

Map:Providence Mennonite Church (Collegeville, Pennsylvania, USA)


Author(s) John C Wenger
Date Published August 2010


Cite This Article

MLA style

Wenger, John C. "Providence Mennonite Church (Collegeville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 2010. Web. 28 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Providence_Mennonite_Church_(Collegeville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=96129.

APA style

Wenger, John C. (August 2010). Providence Mennonite Church (Collegeville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Providence_Mennonite_Church_(Collegeville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=96129.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 223. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.