From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
Randolph Chortitzer Mennonite Church
Source: CMC website

The Randolph Chortitzer Mennonite Church was the first Chortitzer Mennonite Conference (CMC) church in Canada. The first church building was constructed at Chortitz (now known as Randolph) in 1876 and replaced in 1896 by the building that still stands today. For many years, the church at Chortitz was the central church of the conference, which is how the conference become known as the "Chortitzer" church.

It is the only CMC Church that has continued to conduct services in the traditional format: singing is done with no musical instruments and the church service is conducted entirely in the German language. By 2010 the congregation's numbers had declined to the point where the conference elected to close the church. The final service was held on 29 August 2010.

[edit] Bibliography

Chortitzer Mennonite Conference. "Randolph Chortitzer Mennonite Church." 22 October 2012. Web. 5 December 2013. http://www.chortitzer.com/about/history/randolph.


Author(s) Richard D Thiessen
Date Published December 2013


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Thiessen, Richard D. "Randolph Chortitzer Mennonite Church (Randolph, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 2013. Web. 22 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Randolph_Chortitzer_Mennonite_Church_(Randolph,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=104731.

APA style

Thiessen, Richard D. (December 2013). Randolph Chortitzer Mennonite Church (Randolph, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Randolph_Chortitzer_Mennonite_Church_(Randolph,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=104731.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.