Difference between revisions of "Red Run Mennonite Church (Denver, Pennsylvania, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Red Run Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), near Denver, Pennsylvania, formerly called Martin's, a member of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Conference]], in 1957 had a membership of 50, but actually was considered a sub-congregation of [[Bowmansville Mennonite Church (East Earl, Pennsylvania, USA)|Bowmansville]] and served by the ministry of that congregation. A Sunday school was conducted here 1912-27 in the Martin's Schoolhouse between Fivepointville and Terre Hill by the [[Weaverland Mennonite Church (East Earl, Pennsylvania, USA)|Weaverland]] congregation, and thereafter preaching once a month until in June 1946, when the Sunday school was reopened. More recently preaching services have been held every two weeks.
 
Red Run Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), near Denver, Pennsylvania, formerly called Martin's, a member of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Conference]], in 1957 had a membership of 50, but actually was considered a sub-congregation of [[Bowmansville Mennonite Church (East Earl, Pennsylvania, USA)|Bowmansville]] and served by the ministry of that congregation. A Sunday school was conducted here 1912-27 in the Martin's Schoolhouse between Fivepointville and Terre Hill by the [[Weaverland Mennonite Church (East Earl, Pennsylvania, USA)|Weaverland]] congregation, and thereafter preaching once a month until in June 1946, when the Sunday school was reopened. More recently preaching services have been held every two weeks.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 263|date=1959|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 263|date=1959|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Revision as of 19:29, 20 August 2013

Red Run Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), near Denver, Pennsylvania, formerly called Martin's, a member of the Lancaster Conference, in 1957 had a membership of 50, but actually was considered a sub-congregation of Bowmansville and served by the ministry of that congregation. A Sunday school was conducted here 1912-27 in the Martin's Schoolhouse between Fivepointville and Terre Hill by the Weaverland congregation, and thereafter preaching once a month until in June 1946, when the Sunday school was reopened. More recently preaching services have been held every two weeks.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Red Run Mennonite Church (Denver, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 28 Jul 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Red_Run_Mennonite_Church_(Denver,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84354.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Red Run Mennonite Church (Denver, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 July 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Red_Run_Mennonite_Church_(Denver,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84354.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 263. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.