From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Reed City [[Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (CGC)|Church of God in Christ, Mennonite]] Church, now extinct, located near Reed City, Osceola County, [[Michigan (State)|Michigan]], was organized in the late 1870s. At first the small group of about 30 members was ministered to by [[Holdeman, John (1832-1900)|John Holdeman]], Mark Seiler, and Frank Seidner from [[Ohio (State)|Ohio]]. Later Jacob Litwiller, Dan Buerge, and Peter Yost became their local leaders, and held regular Sunday morning worship services. In 1883 some members moved to other congregations. The church was revived under the leadership of ministers Peter Litwiller and [[Fricke, Fredrick C. (1867-1947)|F. C. Fricke]], but they too and others relocated with other congregations. Meetings ceased in 1914.
 
Reed City [[Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (CGC)|Church of God in Christ, Mennonite]] Church, now extinct, located near Reed City, Osceola County, [[Michigan (State)|Michigan]], was organized in the late 1870s. At first the small group of about 30 members was ministered to by [[Holdeman, John (1832-1900)|John Holdeman]], Mark Seiler, and Frank Seidner from [[Ohio (State)|Ohio]]. Later Jacob Litwiller, Dan Buerge, and Peter Yost became their local leaders, and held regular Sunday morning worship services. In 1883 some members moved to other congregations. The church was revived under the leadership of ministers Peter Litwiller and [[Fricke, Fredrick C. (1867-1947)|F. C. Fricke]], but they too and others relocated with other congregations. Meetings ceased in 1914.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 264|date=1959|a1_last=Hiebert|a1_first=P. G|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 264|date=1959|a1_last=Hiebert|a1_first=P. G|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Revision as of 19:29, 20 August 2013

Reed City Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Church, now extinct, located near Reed City, Osceola County, Michigan, was organized in the late 1870s. At first the small group of about 30 members was ministered to by John Holdeman, Mark Seiler, and Frank Seidner from Ohio. Later Jacob Litwiller, Dan Buerge, and Peter Yost became their local leaders, and held regular Sunday morning worship services. In 1883 some members moved to other congregations. The church was revived under the leadership of ministers Peter Litwiller and F. C. Fricke, but they too and others relocated with other congregations. Meetings ceased in 1914.


Author(s) P. G Hiebert
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hiebert, P. G. "Reed City Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Reed City, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Reed_City_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Reed_City,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=84362.

APA style

Hiebert, P. G. (1959). Reed City Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Reed City, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Reed_City_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Reed_City,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=84362.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 264. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.