Reimerswalde was part of the Kingdom of Poland until 1772. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province in 1773, called West Prussia, in which Reimerswalde was located. Reimerswalde was situated in the district (Kreis) of Marienburg until the establishment of the Free City of Danzig in 1920. The village came under the control of Nazi Germany during World War II until February 1945, when it was occupied by Soviet forces and returned to Poland. In 2012 Reimerswalde (now Leśnowo) was a settlement in the administrative district of Gmina Nowy Dwór Gdański, within Nowy Dwór Gdański County, Pomeranian Voivodeship.
The 1776 Prussian census lists 13 Mennonite families in Reimerswalde with the following surnames: Bargen, Bestvader, Claassen, Dick, Jantzen, Nickel, Quiring, Schmidt, and Simon. In 1820 there were 120 inhabitants in Reimerswalde, of which 80 were Mennonites.
Wikipedia. "Leśnowo." Web. 12 November 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le%C5%9Bnowo.
Wolf, Hans-Jürgen. "Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Web. 12 November 2012. http://www.westpreussen.de/cms/ct/ortsverzeichnis/details.php?ID=5433.
|Author(s)||Richard D Thiessen|
|Date Published||November 2012|
Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. "Reimerswalde (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. November 2012. Web. 25 Jun 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Reimerswalde_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=67580.
Thiessen, Richard D. (November 2012). Reimerswalde (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 June 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Reimerswalde_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=67580.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.