From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:47, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Risser (Rissers) Mennonite Church, located 4 miles east of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, a member of the Lancaster Conference, originated in 1737. The first meetinghouse was built in 1760 in a grove on Peter Risser's land. This was enlarged in 1865, and in 1887 replaced by the present frame church 50 x 70 ft. It is beautifully located, with a schoolhouse adjoining and a well-kept cemetery. In 1957 the membership was 138; Noah W. Risser and Clarence E. Lutz were the bishops, Walter W. Oberholtzer and J. Harold Forwood the ministers. It formerly shared its ministers with the Stauffer congregation at Bachmanville.



Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Risser Mennonite Church (Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 28 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Risser_Mennonite_Church_(Elizabethtown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=67736.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Risser Mennonite Church (Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Risser_Mennonite_Church_(Elizabethtown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=67736.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 341. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.