From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

River Corner Mennonite Church, located two miles south of Conestoga Center in southern Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Benedict Eshleman deeded one acre of land for a cemetery and meetinghouse upon which a meetinghouse was built about 1774. It was named Miller's after Martin Miller, who obtained the first deed in 1794. A stone building in 1828 replaced this, and another beautiful stone church of colonial design was built in 1882, which was enlarged in 1947. The congregation is a part of the Byerland-New Danville circuit. The membership in 1958 was 73 with David N. Thomas as bishop and Mylin Shenk minister. A large, old, well-kept cemetery adjoins the church.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 524 River Corner Road, Conestoga Pennsylvania 17516

Phone: 717-872-4485

Website: http://www.rivercornermc.org/

Denominational Affiliations: Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

[edit] Map

Map:River Corner Mennonite Church (Conestoga Center, Pennsylvania, USA)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "River Corner Mennonite Church (Conestoga Center, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 1 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=River_Corner_Mennonite_Church_(Conestoga_Center,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=117061.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). River Corner Mennonite Church (Conestoga Center, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=River_Corner_Mennonite_Church_(Conestoga_Center,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=117061.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 345. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.