From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:48, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Riverside Hutterite Bruderhof of the Dariusleut group, located at Glenwood, Alberta, was founded in 1939 by Preacher Lorenz Tschetter (died 1957), who was chosen preacher in the Stand-Off Colony in 1933 and confirmed there in 1938. He was succeeded as leader of the Bruderhof by his brother Peter A. Tschetter who was chosen to the ministry here in 1944 and confirmed in 1948. In 1958 the number of souls in the Bruderhof was 104, the number of baptized members 47. Plans were under way for 50 persons of the Riverside Bruderhof to establish a new Bruderhof at Estuary, Saskatchewan, in the summer of 1958.

In 2012 the Riverside Hutterite Colony was a Dariusleut colony. The minister was George Tschetter and the manager was Joe Tschetter.

Additional Information

Location: Glenwood, Alberta (coordinates: 49.440556, -113.448056 [49° 26' 26" N, 113° 26' 53" W])

Address: Box 550, Fort Macleod, AB T0L 0Z0

Telephone: 403-553-4055

Maps

Map:Riverside Hutterite Colony, Glenwood, Alberta


Author(s) David, Mrs. P. A Tschetter Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published March 2013


Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David, Mrs. P. A Tschetter and Bert Friesen. "Riverside Hutterite Colony (Glenwood, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2013. Web. 22 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Riverside_Hutterite_Colony_(Glenwood,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=96263.

APA style

Decker, David, Mrs. P. A Tschetter and Bert Friesen. (March 2013). Riverside Hutterite Colony (Glenwood, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Riverside_Hutterite_Colony_(Glenwood,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=96263.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 345. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.