Difference between revisions of "Riverstix Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Riverstix, Ohio, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Riverstix [[Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (CGC)|Church of God in Christ Mennonite]] Church, now extinct, located at Riverstix, [[Medina County (Ohio, USA)|Medina County, Ohio]], was organized in 1871 with 6 members; services were held in homes. Later the membership increased to 18 and services were held in schools, one of which was later purchased for a church building. Henry Leatherman, who was ordained in 1879, and Sam Leatherman were their first ministers. Later C. G. Buerge served as pastor for many years. The congregation dissolved by members moving away. It ceased to exist about 1943.
 
Riverstix [[Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (CGC)|Church of God in Christ Mennonite]] Church, now extinct, located at Riverstix, [[Medina County (Ohio, USA)|Medina County, Ohio]], was organized in 1871 with 6 members; services were held in homes. Later the membership increased to 18 and services were held in schools, one of which was later purchased for a church building. Henry Leatherman, who was ordained in 1879, and Sam Leatherman were their first ministers. Later C. G. Buerge served as pastor for many years. The congregation dissolved by members moving away. It ceased to exist about 1943.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 345|date=1959|a1_last=Hiebert|a1_first=P. G|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 345|date=1959|a1_last=Hiebert|a1_first=P. G|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:30, 20 August 2013

Riverstix Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church, now extinct, located at Riverstix, Medina County, Ohio, was organized in 1871 with 6 members; services were held in homes. Later the membership increased to 18 and services were held in schools, one of which was later purchased for a church building. Henry Leatherman, who was ordained in 1879, and Sam Leatherman were their first ministers. Later C. G. Buerge served as pastor for many years. The congregation dissolved by members moving away. It ceased to exist about 1943.


Author(s) P. G Hiebert
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hiebert, P. G. "Riverstix Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Riverstix, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Riverstix_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Riverstix,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=84613.

APA style

Hiebert, P. G. (1959). Riverstix Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Riverstix, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Riverstix_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Riverstix,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=84613.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 345. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.