From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Romanovka, a village near Olgino, province of Stavropol in the foothills of the Caucasian Mountains, Russia, was established in 1895 by fifty families of the Temple Church who had previously resided at Orbelianovka near Tempelhof. The Romanovka Temple followers were of Württemberg separatistic background and not Mennonites like those of Olgino.

[edit] Bibliography

Friesen, Peter M. Die Alt-Evangelische Mennonitische Brüderschaft in Russland (1789-1910) im Rahmen der mennonitischen Gesamtgeschichte. Halbstadt: Verlagsgesellschaft "Raduga", 1911: 679.

Sawatzky H. Templer mennonitischer Herkunft. Manitoba, 1955: 32.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Romanovka (Stavropol Krai, Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 27 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Romanovka_(Stavropol_Krai,_Russia)&oldid=84676.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Romanovka (Stavropol Krai, Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Romanovka_(Stavropol_Krai,_Russia)&oldid=84676.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 354. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.