From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Roseland [[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]], located near Roseland, [[Nebraska (USA)|Nebraska]], a member of the [[Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church)|Iowa-Nebraska Conference]], was organized on 20 March 1880, with 26 members, with Albrecht Schiffler as bishop and Samuel W. Lapp as deacon. A meetinghouse was built about two years later, replaced in 1898 by a new one, at which time the membership numbered 160. Daniel Lapp was ordained bishop. Ministers who have served the congregation are John L. Reasoner, Jonas Nice, Andrew Good, [[Nunemaker, John M. (1848-1942)|John M. Nunemaker]], Abraham Stauffer, Samuel G. Lapp, Noah Ebersole, J. Kore Zook, Edward Diener, and Alton Miller. Missionaries from this church sent to [[India|India]] were Mahlon C. Lapp, Jacob Burkhard, George Lapp, Esther Ebersole Lapp, and Velma Lapp Hostetler. In 1957 the bishop was Peter R. Kennel, and the membership was 17.
 
Roseland [[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]], located near Roseland, [[Nebraska (USA)|Nebraska]], a member of the [[Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church)|Iowa-Nebraska Conference]], was organized on 20 March 1880, with 26 members, with Albrecht Schiffler as bishop and Samuel W. Lapp as deacon. A meetinghouse was built about two years later, replaced in 1898 by a new one, at which time the membership numbered 160. Daniel Lapp was ordained bishop. Ministers who have served the congregation are John L. Reasoner, Jonas Nice, Andrew Good, [[Nunemaker, John M. (1848-1942)|John M. Nunemaker]], Abraham Stauffer, Samuel G. Lapp, Noah Ebersole, J. Kore Zook, Edward Diener, and Alton Miller. Missionaries from this church sent to [[India|India]] were Mahlon C. Lapp, Jacob Burkhard, George Lapp, Esther Ebersole Lapp, and Velma Lapp Hostetler. In 1957 the bishop was Peter R. Kennel, and the membership was 17.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 359|date=1959|a1_last=Burkhard|a1_first=Sarah Schiffler |a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 359|date=1959|a1_last=Burkhard|a1_first=Sarah Schiffler |a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Revision as of 19:31, 20 August 2013

Roseland Mennonite Church, located near Roseland, Nebraska, a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Conference, was organized on 20 March 1880, with 26 members, with Albrecht Schiffler as bishop and Samuel W. Lapp as deacon. A meetinghouse was built about two years later, replaced in 1898 by a new one, at which time the membership numbered 160. Daniel Lapp was ordained bishop. Ministers who have served the congregation are John L. Reasoner, Jonas Nice, Andrew Good, John M. Nunemaker, Abraham Stauffer, Samuel G. Lapp, Noah Ebersole, J. Kore Zook, Edward Diener, and Alton Miller. Missionaries from this church sent to India were Mahlon C. Lapp, Jacob Burkhard, George Lapp, Esther Ebersole Lapp, and Velma Lapp Hostetler. In 1957 the bishop was Peter R. Kennel, and the membership was 17.


Author(s) Sarah Schiffler Burkhard
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Burkhard, Sarah Schiffler. "Roseland Mennonite Church (Roseland, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 26 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Roseland_Mennonite_Church_(Roseland,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=84702.

APA style

Burkhard, Sarah Schiffler. (1959). Roseland Mennonite Church (Roseland, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Roseland_Mennonite_Church_(Roseland,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=84702.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 359. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.