Revision as of 19:31, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Rossmere Mennonite Church (formerly Rossmere Mennonite Mission) (Mennonite Church), in the northeastern sector of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, was opened by David B. Groff in 1935. He with Jere Fenninger, under the East Chestnut Street Mennonite Church, conducted the work in rented quarters until their brick meetinghouse, 30 x 50 ft., on Janet Avenue was dedicated on 1 January 1940. Earl W. Mosemann was ordained as pastor on 21 December 1941, and was followed by Daniel E. Miller, ordained 3 November 1946, who was still serving in 1957, with a membership of 42.

Additional Information

Address: 741 Janet Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17601

Phone: 717-397-7854

Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Rossmere Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Oct 2016.,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84726.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Rossmere Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 October 2016, from,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84726.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 362. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.