From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Salem Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]]), located 4 miles southwest of [[Dalton (Ohio, USA)|Dalton]], [[Ohio (State)|Ohio]], and 2½ miles northeast of Kidron, Ohio, was organized 20 May 1886, with 18 charter members, of the Sommer, Kirchhofer, Lehman, Zuercher, [[Moser family|Moser]], Steffen, Amstutz, and Geiger families, as a schism from the Sonnenberg Swiss congregation. The first meetinghouse was dedicated on 28 November 1886. A. A. Sommer was chosen as the first regular pastor. The present building is a result of additions and four remodeling programs. The congregation in 1957 had 204 baptized members, with James R. Reusser as minister.
 
Salem Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]]), located 4 miles southwest of [[Dalton (Ohio, USA)|Dalton]], [[Ohio (State)|Ohio]], and 2½ miles northeast of Kidron, Ohio, was organized 20 May 1886, with 18 charter members, of the Sommer, Kirchhofer, Lehman, Zuercher, [[Moser family|Moser]], Steffen, Amstutz, and Geiger families, as a schism from the Sonnenberg Swiss congregation. The first meetinghouse was dedicated on 28 November 1886. A. A. Sommer was chosen as the first regular pastor. The present building is a result of additions and four remodeling programs. The congregation in 1957 had 204 baptized members, with James R. Reusser as minister.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, pp. 405-406|date=1959|a1_last=Badertscher|a1_first=Ivan L|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, pp. 405-406|date=1959|a1_last=Badertscher|a1_first=Ivan L|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 18:57, 20 August 2013

Salem Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church), located 4 miles southwest of Dalton, Ohio, and 2½ miles northeast of Kidron, Ohio, was organized 20 May 1886, with 18 charter members, of the Sommer, Kirchhofer, Lehman, Zuercher, Moser, Steffen, Amstutz, and Geiger families, as a schism from the Sonnenberg Swiss congregation. The first meetinghouse was dedicated on 28 November 1886. A. A. Sommer was chosen as the first regular pastor. The present building is a result of additions and four remodeling programs. The congregation in 1957 had 204 baptized members, with James R. Reusser as minister.


Author(s) Ivan L Badertscher
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Badertscher, Ivan L. "Salem Mennonite Church (Kidron, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 4 Mar 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Salem_Mennonite_Church_(Kidron,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=77349.

APA style

Badertscher, Ivan L. (1959). Salem Mennonite Church (Kidron, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 4 March 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Salem_Mennonite_Church_(Kidron,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=77349.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 405-406. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.