Salunga Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Salunga Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), now extinct, located nine miles northwest of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, was a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference; through the instrumentality of Deacon Jacob M. Greider a brick meetinghouse, 50 x 65 ft., was built in 1893. It was a part of the Landisville-Chestnut Hill circuit. In 1954 the building was turned over to the Eastern Board of Missions and Charities for its headquarters, and the congregational activities completely merged with those of the Landisville congregation.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Salunga Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 26 Jul 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Salunga_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116200.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Salunga Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 July 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Salunga_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116200.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 409. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.