From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Sandy Lake Mennonite congregation began services, formally organized and occupied its first building in 1956. The congregation originated through outreach of the Northern Light Gospel Mission.

 In1965 there were 15 members; in 1975, 29; in 1985, 25; in 1995, 29. It has been affiliated with the Christian Anishinabec Fellowship (formerly Northern Light Gospel Mission, then Native Mennonite Conference) since 1956.

Sandy Lake is located approximately 225 km northwest of Red Lake in Northwest Ontario. Minister John Mamageesic served as congregational leader in 1995.

[edit] Bibliography

Horst, Mary. A Brief History of Northern Light Gospel Mission. Northern Light Gospel Mission, 1977, 15 pp.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: Sandy Lake, via Favourable Lake, ON P0V 1V0.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Sandy Lake Mennonite Church (Sandy Lake, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 22 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sandy_Lake_Mennonite_Church_(Sandy_Lake,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=77406.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). Sandy Lake Mennonite Church (Sandy Lake, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sandy_Lake_Mennonite_Church_(Sandy_Lake,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=77406.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.