Until 1772 Sankt Albrecht was located in what was known as Royal Prussia (also known as Polish Prussia) in the Kingdom of Poland. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province on 31 January 1773, called West Prussia, in which the village was located. Sankt Albrecht was located in Kreis Danzig-Stadt until the establishment of the Free City of Danzig in 1920. The village came under the control of Nazi Germany during World War II until February 1945, when it was occupied by Soviet forces and returned to Poland.
The 1776 Prussian census lists four Mennonite families in Sankt Albrecht with the following surnames: Feith, Hamm, Sudermann, and Wilcke. In 1820 the village had 749 inhabitants, of which 13 were Mennonite.
Mennonites who were residents of Sankt Albrecht were members of the Danzig Mennonite Church.
Wolf, Hans-Jürgen. "Familienforschung in Westpreußen." 23 April 2013. http://www.westpreussen.de/cms/ct/ortsverzeichnis/details.php?ID=5709.
|Author(s)||Richard D Thiessen|
|Date Published||April 2013|
 Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. "Sankt Albrecht (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2013. Web. 25 Apr 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sankt_Albrecht_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=96335.
Thiessen, Richard D. (April 2013). Sankt Albrecht (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 April 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sankt_Albrecht_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=96335.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.