From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Second Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]] [GCM]), Springs, [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], was established ca. 1925, when a group of excommunicated members of the Springs Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]] [MC]) formed a new fellowship, which ca. 1944 joined the [[Eastern District Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Eastern District Conference]] (GCM). Edward Miller, a minister of the Springs MC congregation but living at Inwood, West Virginia, some 100 miles distant, was called as supply preacher ca. 1928, serving once a month, but soon only for two communion services per year. In 1958 the membership was 18. They used the Brethren meetinghouse in Salisbury, some 6 miles north of Springs.
+
Second Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]] [GCM]), Springs, [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], was established ca. 1925, when a group of excommunicated members of the Springs Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]] [MC]) formed a new fellowship, which ca. 1944 joined the [[Eastern District Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Eastern District Conference]] (GCM). Edward Miller, a minister of the Springs MC congregation but living at Inwood, West Virginia, some 100 miles distant, was called as supply preacher ca. 1928, serving once a month, but soon only for two communion services per year. In 1958 the membership was 18. They used the Brethren meetinghouse in Salisbury, some 6 miles north of Springs.
 
+
 
+
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 490|date=1959|a1_last=Bender|a1_first=Harold S|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 490|date=1959|a1_last=Bender|a1_first=Harold S|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 18:59, 20 August 2013

Second Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church [GCM]), Springs, Pennsylvania, was established ca. 1925, when a group of excommunicated members of the Springs Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church [MC]) formed a new fellowship, which ca. 1944 joined the Eastern District Conference (GCM). Edward Miller, a minister of the Springs MC congregation but living at Inwood, West Virginia, some 100 miles distant, was called as supply preacher ca. 1928, serving once a month, but soon only for two communion services per year. In 1958 the membership was 18. They used the Brethren meetinghouse in Salisbury, some 6 miles north of Springs.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Second Mennonite Church (Springs, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 6 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Second_Mennonite_Church_(Springs,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=77701.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Second Mennonite Church (Springs, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 6 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Second_Mennonite_Church_(Springs,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=77701.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 490. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.