From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:15, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search
Second Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church [GCM]), Springs, Pennsylvania, was established ca. 1925, when a group of excommunicated members of the Springs Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church [MC]) formed a new fellowship, which ca. 1944 joined the Eastern District Conference (GCM). Edward Miller, a minister of the Springs MC congregation but living at Inwood, West Virginia, some 100 miles distant, was called as supply preacher ca. 1928, serving once a month, but soon only for two communion services per year. In 1958 the membership was 18. They used the Brethren meetinghouse in Salisbury, some 6 miles north of Springs.



Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Second Mennonite Church (Springs, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Second_Mennonite_Church_(Springs,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=60890.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Second Mennonite Church (Springs, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Second_Mennonite_Church_(Springs,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=60890.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 490. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.