From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
(CSV import - 20130823)
Line 1: Line 1:
Sharon Mennonite Church, 3 miles southeast of Plain City, [[Ohio (State)|Ohio]], a member of the [[Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference (MC)|Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference]], was organized 15 January 1933, most of the members having come out of the [[Madison and Union County Old Order Amish Settlement (Ohio, USA)|Madison County Old Order Amish <em> </em>]]church. Abram Kaufman (ordained bishop in 1948) has been the pastor from the beginning. Sunday-school work was begun in 1926 in an abandoned church which was used until 1938. In that year a new building was erected, which burned down just before completion. It was at once rebuilt and dedicated in January 1940. In 1957 the membership was 163.
+
Sharon Mennonite Church, 3 miles southeast of Plain City, [[Ohio (State)|Ohio]], a member of the [[Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference (MC)|Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference]], was organized 15 January 1933, most of the members having come out of the [[Madison and Union County Old Order Amish Settlement (Ohio, USA)|Madison County Old Order Amish<em> </em>]]church. Abram Kaufman (ordained bishop in 1948) has been the pastor from the beginning. Sunday-school work was begun in 1926 in an abandoned church which was used until 1938. In that year a new building was erected, which burned down just before completion. It was at once rebuilt and dedicated in January 1940. In 1957 the membership was 163.
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 512|date=1959|a1_last=Kaufman|a1_first=Abram|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 512|date=1959|a1_last=Kaufman|a1_first=Abram|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Revision as of 14:49, 23 August 2013

Sharon Mennonite Church, 3 miles southeast of Plain City, Ohio, a member of the Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference, was organized 15 January 1933, most of the members having come out of the Madison County Old Order Amish church. Abram Kaufman (ordained bishop in 1948) has been the pastor from the beginning. Sunday-school work was begun in 1926 in an abandoned church which was used until 1938. In that year a new building was erected, which burned down just before completion. It was at once rebuilt and dedicated in January 1940. In 1957 the membership was 163.


Author(s) Abram Kaufman
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Kaufman, Abram. "Sharon Mennonite Church (Plain City, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 Apr 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sharon_Mennonite_Church_(Plain_City,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=96400.

APA style

Kaufman, Abram. (1959). Sharon Mennonite Church (Plain City, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 April 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sharon_Mennonite_Church_(Plain_City,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=96400.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 512. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.