From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:32, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Sharon Mennonite Church, 3 miles southeast of Plain City, Ohio, a member of the Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference, was organized 15 January 1933, most of the members having come out of the Madison County Old Order Amish <em> </em>church. Abram Kaufman (ordained bishop in 1948) has been the pastor from the beginning. Sunday-school work was begun in 1926 in an abandoned church which was used until 1938. In that year a new building was erected, which burned down just before completion. It was at once rebuilt and dedicated in January 1940. In 1957 the membership was 163.


Author(s) Abram Kaufman
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Kaufman, Abram. "Sharon Mennonite Church (Plain City, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sharon_Mennonite_Church_(Plain_City,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=84907.

APA style

Kaufman, Abram. (1959). Sharon Mennonite Church (Plain City, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sharon_Mennonite_Church_(Plain_City,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=84907.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 512. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.