From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
The Shisler Mennonite Church, located in Humberstone Township, Welland County, [[Ontario (Canada)|Ontario]], was one of two points where the [[Mennonite Brethren in Christ|Mennonite Brethren in Christ]] worshiped in 1880-1900. The church was located a few miles west of the [[Sherkston Mennonite Church (Sherkston, Ontario, Canada)|Sherkston Mennonite]] (MC) Church in Bertie Township and close to Lake Erie at Shisler's Point (now Sherkston Shores). The membership was small. Ministers from the Twenty, 40 miles (65 miles) north, usually supplied. Organized work was discontinued about 1900 and the church was disposed of to the [[Brethren in Christ Church |Brethren in Christ]] (Tunkers). After the Brethren bought the Sherkston (MC) church in 1931 they sold the Shisler church.
 
The Shisler Mennonite Church, located in Humberstone Township, Welland County, [[Ontario (Canada)|Ontario]], was one of two points where the [[Mennonite Brethren in Christ|Mennonite Brethren in Christ]] worshiped in 1880-1900. The church was located a few miles west of the [[Sherkston Mennonite Church (Sherkston, Ontario, Canada)|Sherkston Mennonite]] (MC) Church in Bertie Township and close to Lake Erie at Shisler's Point (now Sherkston Shores). The membership was small. Ministers from the Twenty, 40 miles (65 miles) north, usually supplied. Organized work was discontinued about 1900 and the church was disposed of to the [[Brethren in Christ Church |Brethren in Christ]] (Tunkers). After the Brethren bought the Sherkston (MC) church in 1931 they sold the Shisler church.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 516|date=1959|a1_last=Fretz|a1_first=Joseph C|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 516|date=1959|a1_last=Fretz|a1_first=Joseph C|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:32, 20 August 2013

The Shisler Mennonite Church, located in Humberstone Township, Welland County, Ontario, was one of two points where the Mennonite Brethren in Christ worshiped in 1880-1900. The church was located a few miles west of the Sherkston Mennonite (MC) Church in Bertie Township and close to Lake Erie at Shisler's Point (now Sherkston Shores). The membership was small. Ministers from the Twenty, 40 miles (65 miles) north, usually supplied. Organized work was discontinued about 1900 and the church was disposed of to the Brethren in Christ (Tunkers). After the Brethren bought the Sherkston (MC) church in 1931 they sold the Shisler church.


Author(s) Joseph C Fretz
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Fretz, Joseph C. "Shisler Mennonite Church (Sherkston Shores, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 26 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Shisler_Mennonite_Church_(Sherkston_Shores,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=84936.

APA style

Fretz, Joseph C. (1959). Shisler Mennonite Church (Sherkston Shores, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Shisler_Mennonite_Church_(Sherkston_Shores,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=84936.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 516. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.