From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:49, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Sicily Mennonite Mission (Mennonite Church) was established in 1942 under the Virginia Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities. The work developed out of early contacts with Mennonite Central Committee workers and visits by Mennonite ministers and others from America. There have never been any permanently stationed American workers; the work has been self-propagating and by 1957 had 82 members, all living in Palermo, where a congregation has been established with national leadership. Truman Brunk has bishop over sight.



Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Sicily Mennonite Mission (Palermo, Sicily, Italy)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 20 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sicily_Mennonite_Mission_(Palermo,_Sicily,_Italy)&oldid=68088.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Sicily Mennonite Mission (Palermo, Sicily, Italy). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sicily_Mennonite_Mission_(Palermo,_Sicily,_Italy)&oldid=68088.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 522-523. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.