From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Sinclair Church of God in Christ, Mennonite congregation in Sinclair, MB began services in 1946, and formally organized in 1953. The first building was occupied in 1955, with a subsequent building program in 1961. Herbert Barkman is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from rural Manitoba.

In 1950 there were 15 members; in 1965, 56; in 1975, 81; in 1985, 132; in 2000, 132. The congregation has been affiliated with the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite. The language of worship is English.

The congregation also operates Stony Creek School.

The church's address is Sinclair, MB, R0M 2A0. (204) 662-4516. The church is located 1 km west, 6 km north of Sinclair. Minister Jim Elliot served in 2001 as one of the non-salaried congregational leaders.

[edit] Bibliography

Histories of the Congregations of the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite. Ste. Anne, Man.: Gospel Publishers, 1975, 314 pp.


Author(s) Herbert H. Barkman
Marlene Epp
Date Published August 1989


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Barkman, Herbert H. and Marlene Epp. "Sinclair Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Sinclair, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 1989. Web. 20 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sinclair_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Sinclair,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=77777.

APA style

Barkman, Herbert H. and Marlene Epp. (August 1989). Sinclair Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Sinclair, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sinclair_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Sinclair,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=77777.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.