From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Smith Corner Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]]), located 3 miles west of East Freedom, [[Blair County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Blair County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], a member of the [[Eastern District Conference Brotherhood|Eastern District Conference]], was started in 1908 by Jacob G. Snyder and Herman Snyder of Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania, formerly ministers in the [[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]], with a nucleus of members from that community. The church was built in that same year. The pastor in 1957 was Walter D. Fry, and the membership was 61.
 
Smith Corner Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]]), located 3 miles west of East Freedom, [[Blair County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Blair County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], a member of the [[Eastern District Conference Brotherhood|Eastern District Conference]], was started in 1908 by Jacob G. Snyder and Herman Snyder of Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania, formerly ministers in the [[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]], with a nucleus of members from that community. The church was built in that same year. The pastor in 1957 was Walter D. Fry, and the membership was 61.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4 p. 553|date=1959|a1_last=Snyder|a1_first=William T|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4 p. 553|date=1959|a1_last=Snyder|a1_first=William T|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:33, 20 August 2013

Smith Corner Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church), located 3 miles west of East Freedom, Blair County, Pennsylvania, a member of the Eastern District Conference, was started in 1908 by Jacob G. Snyder and Herman Snyder of Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania, formerly ministers in the Mennonite Church, with a nucleus of members from that community. The church was built in that same year. The pastor in 1957 was Walter D. Fry, and the membership was 61.


Author(s) William T Snyder
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Snyder, William T. "Smith Corner Mennonite Church (East Freedom, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 31 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Smith_Corner_Mennonite_Church_(East_Freedom,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=85057.

APA style

Snyder, William T. (1959). Smith Corner Mennonite Church (East Freedom, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Smith_Corner_Mennonite_Church_(East_Freedom,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=85057.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4 p. 553. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.