South Lawrence Mennonite Church (Glen Flora, Wisconsin, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:33, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)

Jump to: navigation, search

South Lawrence Mennonite Church (MC), located 10 miles southeast of Glen Flora, Wisconsin, on state highway 73, and 12 miles east of the Sheldon Mennonite community. In May 1942 J. W. Martin and Sam Helmuth organized a Sunday school in the area and 4 years later Leroy Schrock was called in as pastor. On 9 December 1946, the group of 20 members, of whom 8 were of non-Mennonite background, was organized as a congregation in the North Central Conference. The membership in 1957 was 26, with Leroy Schrock as pastor.


Author(s) Leroy Schrock
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Schrock, Leroy. "South Lawrence Mennonite Church (Glen Flora, Wisconsin, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 Sep 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=South_Lawrence_Mennonite_Church_(Glen_Flora,_Wisconsin,_USA)&oldid=85126.

APA style

Schrock, Leroy. (1959). South Lawrence Mennonite Church (Glen Flora, Wisconsin, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 September 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=South_Lawrence_Mennonite_Church_(Glen_Flora,_Wisconsin,_USA)&oldid=85126.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 587. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.