South Shafter Mennonite Brethren Church (Shafter, California, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The South Shafter Mennonite Brethren Church in Shafter, California was founded in 1955 as an outgrowth of the Shafter Mennonite Brethren Church.

In 1958 it had a membership of 43, with Jack Williams as temporary pastor.

The congregation closed in 1987. The Pacific District Conference Board of Home Missions took over the property and established a Spanish-language congregation in the facilities in 1987.

Bibliography

Archival Records

Center for Mennonite Brethren Studies, Fresno, CA: Record Group CB532.

Additional Information

Denominational Affiliation:

Pacific District Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches

U. S. Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches

General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "South Shafter Mennonite Brethren Church (Shafter, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=South_Shafter_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Shafter,_California,_USA)&oldid=138927.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). South Shafter Mennonite Brethren Church (Shafter, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=South_Shafter_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Shafter,_California,_USA)&oldid=138927.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 588. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.