Springs Mennonite Church (Manchester, Oklahoma, USA)

Jump to: navigation, search

Springs Mennonite Church (MC), also known as German Springs, now extinct, was located near Manchester, Oklahoma, in the northwestern part of the state. Organized by S. C. Miller in 1895, it had 22 members in 1905, with George C. Hinkel as its minister. Its meetinghouse was built in 1894. The first minister was Simon Hetrick. It was last listed in the Yearbook of 1919, when it had 22 members, but no minister.

Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Springs Mennonite Church (Manchester, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 17 Mar 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Springs_Mennonite_Church_(Manchester,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=85219.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Springs Mennonite Church (Manchester, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 March 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Springs_Mennonite_Church_(Manchester,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=85219.


Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 603. All rights reserved.

©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.